Are the acne scars pulling down your confidence? We feel you – acne itself is emotionally draining. And the stubborn scars that it leaves behind cause your more distress.
We have good news though! Now you can easily fade away the acne scars – all you need is time, dedication, and the correct treatment.
In this blog, we will be discussing all about skin treatment for acne scars (clinical and home remedies). But first, let’s take a glance at the different types of acne scars
Types Of Acne Scars
Acne scars are categorized as atrophic (loss of tissue) or hypertrophic (excess tissue).
A. Atrophic Scars
The atrophic scars are shallow and flat depressions that usually develop below the top layer of the skin. They are further segregated as follows –
- Ice pick scars – These scars develop after a cyst infection works its way deep into the skin. As they are deeper, home remedies can’t heal them and it requires only aggressive clinical treatments.
- Boxcar scars – Widespread acne, chickenpox, or varicella results in boxcar scars. They appear in relatively thick skin like lower cheek or jaws.
- Rolling scars – They are wide in appearance with round, sloping edges. These scars make skin look uneven and irregular.
B. Hypertrophic scars
The hypertrophic scars look like raised lumps of scar tissue. They usually appear in areas with excess tissue that has been built up from previous acne spots.
Now that we have looked at the different types of acne scars, let’s proceed towards treatments.
Clinical Skin Treatment For Acne Scars
- Chemical Peeling – This clinical method reduces skin discoloration and acne scarring. But this method won’t work best for deep acne scars.
- Laser Treatment – Laser treatment for scars is the most preferred method by the best skin specialist in Kolkata. It visibly reduces the appearance of acne scars and reveals younger skin cells.
- Injections – The corticosteroid injections work best for hypertrophic acne scars. The medication is injected into the raised scars to flatten them.
- Microneedle – This method is highly beneficial for acne dark spot treatment. It is an affordable option to reduce acne scars but the results take time to show up.
Home Treatments For Acne Scars
- Coconut Oil – It controls excess sebum production and reduces the appearance of acne scars. Make sure to use only in the affected area to prevent acne breakouts. Take the oil on your palm and warm it between the palms. Then, apply it directly to the scarred area.
- Aloe Vera – Aloe Vera regulates the production of melanin. This in turn reduces skin pigmentation and discoloration. Cleanse the skin with a mild face wash or cleanser. Pat the skin dry and apply the aloe vera gel to the face.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – The acidic elements of apple cider vinegar remove the top layer of skin. This effectively reduces the appearance of acne scars. Soak a cotton ball with apple cider vinegar and apply it to your face for 10 minutes.
- Onion Extracts – They help in reducing acne scars along with skin inflammation, and redness. Mix 1 tablespoon of onion extract with olive oil and apply it to the face.
Choose Image Clinic to Visibly Reduce Acne Scars Today!
If you’re planning to get acne scars treatment in Kolkata, Image Clinic should be your undoubted choice. Our in-house team of experienced skin specialists will leave no efforts in stopping the acne scars from scarring your confidence.
Book a consultation with us today!